Dr. Riccardo Ricci Curbastro
Born in Rome on July 3rd, 1959, agronomist and winemaker, married with three children, since 1978 he, along with his father, run their wine producing company (Az.Agr. Gualberto Ricci Curbastro e Figli – Gualberto Ricci Curbastro and Sons Farm Estate) in Capriolo (Brescia) in Franciacorta, where he holds the position as director and head of marketing and production, and also the Rontana Farm Estate, recently built on the hills of Brisighella (Ravenna).
- From 1989 to 1995, he was Chairman of the ANGA (National Association of Young Agriculturalists) for which he had previously held the post of Vice President and National Secretary.
- From 1984 to 1990, he held various positions in the Confagricoltura (General Confederation for Italian Agriculture): Vice President of the National Wine Producing Economic Section, Vice President of the National Federation of Arboricolture Cultivations, and Member of the Environment and Hunting Commission.
- From 1985 to 1986, he served in Rome and Turin as Second Lieutenant of the Carabinieri (ed. Italian military corps).
- From 1993 to 1999, he was Chairman of the Consortium of Franciacorta DOC wines and is still a member of the Council of the same Consortium.
- Since May 1998, he has been President of the FEDERDOC (National Confederation of Associations for the Protection of DOC Wines).
- From June 1998 to June 2007, he was chairman of the AGRITURIST National Association for Agritourism, the Environment, and the Territory.
- From 2009 to 2011, he was Chairman of the Valoritalia Società (Society for the certification of the quality and the production of Italian Wines), a controlling and certifying authority for Italian origin wines created by the Federdoc and CSQA certifications.
- Since 1999, he has been Academician for the Academy of Grapes and Wine.
- Since 2000, he has been Academician for the Academy of Georgofili (ed. For the study of agronomy, forestry, and economy) and was named Academic Professor in 2007.
- Since 2001, he has been Academician for the National Academy of Agriculture.
- Since 2001, he has been Member of the Comitato per la valorizzazione del patrimonio alimentare (Committee for the enhancement of Italian food heritage), established by the Minister of Agriculture, the Honorable Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio (Ministerial Decree of March 28th, 2011 and Ministerial Decree of May 11th, 2001).
- From June to December 2008, he was is one of the three components of the Enforcing Committee established through the MIPAAF Decree of June 9, 2008 with the task of coordinating and supervising the controlling activities for the production of the Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Rosso di Montalcino DOC, Moscatello di Montalcino , and Sant’Antimo wines, thus participating in solving the serious international crisis that had hit those Denominations.
- On December 27th, 2009, he was appointed by the President of the Italian Republic, his Honorable Giorgio Napolitano as Cavaliere dell’Ordine al Merito (ed. decorated for the Order of Merit) for the Italian Republic.
- Since March 2010, he has been President of the Efow, European Federation of Origin Wines.
Ornithologist and wildlife photographer by passion, he has collaborated in field research, in the realization of several projects for WWF Italy, and many of his photographs have been published in leading Italian magazines and newspapers.
In June 2002, he was on the photography staff in the Sale dell’Arsenale in Iseo (Brescia) for “TerraFuocoAriaAcqua”.